Our Blog / EU Insurance mediation Directive

A financial services firm authorised in another European Economic Area (EEA) state can offer certain products or services in the UK and other EEA countries, if it has a ‘passport’ to do so. The EEA includes the EU states, plus Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein.

These firms are regulated in their home country and must meet standards which have been agreed across all EEA countries, but will appear on the FCA Register as ‘EEA Authorised’.



So, what do you think ?